Friday, March 18, 2011

The Mister and The Wife

Well-What a month March has been!
First off, Chris got a new job! Let me introduce Clackamas Counties newest MEDICAL EXAMINER!

To say this job is a blessing in a HUGE under-state-ment, but it is. HUGE! We are grateful. So after this tid bit of grand news.....

....Chris turned 27! Yay!! And I had this amazing cake made for him by Lisa Cook (whom I swam with in high school)- it was so great! And the cake itself was amazing! Yummy chocolate!

We went out for dinner with family and friends to Paola's Pizza in Sandy, and Chris had a lot of fun. The next day we were planning to leave for the beach. That was March 11th. The day of the earthquake in Japan. So we got lots of calls about the Tsunami Warning along the Coast-but after watching the news, and calling our hotel we decided it was fine to head out. We got there and of course everything was fine. Saturday the weather at the coast was exceptionally beautiful. Here are a few shots from the beach.




We had a great time. And we got back just in time for a crazy storm that knocked out our power and almost our entire counties power for over 8 hours! It was a little scary, but also a little fun. We lit candles, and went for a drive in the dark. It ended up being fun!

We had a little bit of bittersweet news regarding Cosmo:


Turns out Cosmo is diabetic. Which is good because now we can get him some treatment, and stop him from peeing in the house everywhere, but sad because he now has to get shots twice a day, and I worry about him even more than I did before.
Poor guy-he just hasn't been given a break, but we love him so much, and we will continue to take care of him the best we can.

As for me, I finished Winter Term, it was a hard term, and I am currently on Spring Break, but I barely made it. I turned in my application to Eastern Oregon University, and am waiting on my (hopeful) acceptance in to the Early Childhood Education Program. I am planning on starting a leave in September to make room for my classes, and I can't wait!

Over all we have had a great month, March we have been pretty happy with you!



1 comment:

Meredith Williams said...

I love celebrating birthdays especially when there aren't any holidays in that month to look forward to.
and ps. That cake is amazing!!