Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Summer

Ok,
It's been forever! So I guess it's time to finally catch up on this thing. I will start with our two wonderful little boys. In July, we were overwhelmed with the possibility of having to put Cosmo down. He had become very sick suddenly and was loosing wait at a rapid pace. When took him home and said lots of prayers, and he has had some sort of miraculous recovery! We have been so blessed that he turned things around! He seems to back to him self, and we are so happy. We just weren't ready to see him leave us yet.

Apollo, has actually been putting on some serious dog meat! We have started calling him our chunkey monkey, he is still a tiny little greyhound, but he just seems so much bigger because Cosmo is so much smaller. He continues to be a sweet and loving little guy.

Chris had been loving his job, every single second of it! He is actually training this week to get certified as a Death Investigator. He has really been much happier with this change :) For those who don't know Chris was hired as a Medical Examiner for Clackamas County. Most people ask if that's like CSI-well yes, but Chris doesn't do autopsies. He is really fascinated with it, and so am I! He works a lot of overtime right now, but that will change once they switch to there new schedule in September.

So as for me....in July I got a phone call letting me know my request for fewer hours had been honored, and I was being moved to an Elementary School, woohoo! Well then it got even better because in August I got a phone call/letter saying I had been accepted into Eastern Oregon's Elementary Education Program, which means I am on track to getting my teaching license! It's all been very exciting, and overwhelming at the same time! I just can't wait to start everything in September!


No comments: